DJIBOUTI CAMP LEMONIER Position: HVAC Supervisor Under general supervision, supervises employees who perform a wide variety of skilled tasks involved in the maintenance and repair of ventilation, heating and air conditioning units related to the care and maintenance of Camp facilities, and must be able to perform other duties as assigned by the Facilities Manager.
Supervises and Directs the Following Work:
· Inspects air-conditioning units to ensure efficient operation.
· Performs regularly scheduled maintenance on heating and cooling units.
· Diagnoses mechanical and electrical malfunctions; installs, replaces or repairs damaged equipment; calibrates thermostatic controls.
· Installs new heating, ventilation and air-conditioning systems; repairs and replaces damaged or worn heating, ventilation and air-conditioning parts and equipment; repairs or replaces low and high pressure liquid lines.
· Inspects and observes pressure of liquids and vapor with instrumentation to ensure efficient operation of units and make necessary adjustments; inspects and services refrigeration equipment including refrigerators, ice machines, and refrigerated containers.
· Maintains the chilled and hot water supply systems.
· Adjusts and maintains internal electrical and electronic control systems; cleans coils and blowers and checks motors and belt tensions.
· Assembles and installs metal ductwork.
· Assists in planning and designing of new installations of heating and air-conditioning systems.
· Maintains maintenance records as required by DOD, OEBGD and EPA regulations.
· Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Standard Job Description: Manages the planning, design, and oversight of the reconfiguration, maintenance, and alteration of equipment, machinery, buildings, structures, and other facilities. Responsible for coordinating subordinate employee recruitment, selection and training, performance assessment, work assignments, salary, and recognition/disciplinary actions. Oversees the gathering and review of data concerning facility or equipment specifications, company or government restrictions, required completion date, and construction feasibility. Monitors the coordination with architecture/engineering firms in developing design criteria and preparing layout and detail drawings. Directs the preparation of bid sheets and contracts for construction and facilities acquisition. Oversees the review and estimation of design costs including equipment, installation, labor, materials, preparation, and other related costs. Directs the inspection of construction and installation progress to ensure conformance to established drawings, specifications, and schedules. Must have a US Security Clearance.
· Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related disciplines from an accredited institution, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· This position requires the candidate to have a United States Security Clearance
· 1+ years of effective management experience in a related area.
· 3+ years of experience in multiple areas, including Facilities, Construction Management, HVAC, or related areas.
· Experience driving the review and analysis of the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems and plans, and developing strategies for improving or further leveraging these plans.
· Valid US Driver’s License
· Must be EPA 608 Certified (minimum Type II)
· Possession of an EPA Refrigerant Technician certification on the date of application.
Job Order ID: 6784 City: Djibouti
Street: N/A Employment Type: Contract
Number of position: 1
Function Note: email@example.com